Are you ready to reinvent mobility?
Join us at EDAG and be part of our agile and international team
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK
Reference code: 2022-001
EDAG Engineering UK is a small but growing collaborative team who are currently focusing on some key UK customers whilst at the same time having access to large multidisciplinary teams globally. Within the group, we are over 8500 employees located across the world whose core business is to provide engineering solutions to major automotive companies and their suppliers.
Due to the continuing success and growth of the business, we are look for a Lead Engineer - CAE to join the team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our continuing expansion and work with our key customers. This role is based in the heart of the automotive industry at EDAG’s facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
Key Responsibilities: This is will make you grow
- Lead CAE related business development activities and support on other BD activities of the company.
- Project planning and managing of all CAE project and work packages.
- Manage and Develop the CAE staff to ensure high level of performance, quality and employee engagement.
- Manage the creation of full vehicle crash models from concept to final validation/correlation phase.
- Integrate crash performance with other major attributes, such as NVH and durability, within CAE, Body Engineering and Vehicle Engineering groups.
- Lead and mentor junior and senior CAE engineers to deliver engineering solutions and gateway status reports.
- Ensure consistent use of state of the art methods across the team and lead the development of advanced practices.
- Responsible of the knowledge management tools and processes of the CAE team.
- Lead the integration of component, system and vehicle level physical testing into the virtual validation.
- Collaborate closely with the Body Engineering and Vehicle Engineering team to develop integrated structure/restraints solutions.
- Other adhoc tasks assigned.
Requirements: This is how you will take us forward
- Educated to Degree level in Mechatronics or Automotive Engineering
- Experience in successfully managing a team of engineers towards challenging technical and safety requirements
- Experienced in CAE technical knowledge, Simulation and Analysis tools and processes
- Previous experience in automotive product development or project leadership function
- Sound commercial and financial awareness
- Driven and have a passion for delivering challenging projects
- Excellent communication skill, have the ability to lead and motivate teams and work cross functionally
- Excellent presentation skills in both a business development capacity and as a means of providing project status to the customer
- A natural mentor and coach who values personal relationships across the whole business
- Well organised and delivery focused – with demonstrable track record of on-time delivery in a high pressure environment
What you can expect:
- Great work environment and competitive compensation
- Playing a key role in EDAG Engineering Limited’s growth, and service offering through business development
- The opportunity to improve status and career development and training in a leading, independent and international Engineering Company
- The opportunity to work with different vehicle manufacturers around the world on the latest vehicles and technologies
EDAG Engineering Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Sounds like your next challenge? Then we will be looking forward to your application. Please send application with a detailed CV, stating qualifications, experience, current and expected salary and contact details. Applications should be sent to : careers-uk(at)edag.com